Contact Our Firm

Ann Arbor Employment-Based Green Card Attorney

International workers are key contributors to many industries. At the law office of Richard W. Pierce, P.C. in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we have been helping foreign nationals working in the U.S. obtain employment-based green cards for more than 25 years.

If you are interested in obtaining an employment-based green card, contact us today to arrange a confidential appointment. We are able to assist clients worldwide from our office in Ann Arbor.

H1-B Visa Holders Need to Apply for Employment-Based Green Cards Before 6 Years

If you have an H-1B visa, you should know that it may only be good for three years. You can have H-1B status for only 6 years unless you have taken certain steps toward obtaining a green card.

Adjustment of Status From a Work Visa to U.S. Permanent Residency

If you have any current employment-based visa and a job in the U.S., obtaining employment-based lawful permanent residency is typically handled by a process called adjustment of status.

An immigration lawyer from Richard W. Pierce, P.C. will be happy to analyze your individual situation.

Applications are limited by country and sorted under a preference system. Depending on the type of visa you have, your application may be marked as EB-1, EB-2 or EB-3, with EB-1 applicants being considered first.

All EB-3 visas require a labor certification. Some EB-2 visas also require a labor certification unless a national interest waiver applies. A labor certification, also known as ‘PERM,’ allows a US employer to hire a non-US worker permanently.

Even If You Have Overstayed Your Work Visa, You May Still Be Eligible for an Employment-Based Green Card

We may be able to help you get a green card, even if you did not leave when your visa expired. We can explain your options and help you get a clear picture of what to expect.

Contact our law office in Ann Arbor for a confidential appointment.