Michigan Immigration Lawyer
Immigration and Naturalization
At our law office in Ann Arbor, Michigan, we help with all kinds of immigration matters. We have been helping people with immigrant and non-immigrant visas since 1982. We help individuals, their families, organizations and businesses. If you are already in the U.S. and want to change your status to another nonimmigrant category, commence a labor certification case toward lawful permanent residency, or adjust status to permanent residency, we have the experience needed to help with your immigration papers. Our Michigan immigration attorney helps individuals with matters involving:
- Immigrant visas: Depending upon your eligibility, there may be a variety of visa categories available to you. Discussing your situation with an immigration lawyer may point out options of which you are not aware. If your visa is about to expire and you would like to stay in the U.S., we can help you renew it. We may also be able to help you if your visa has already expired.
- Green cards: A wide variety of people are eligible to become permanent residents of the U.S., which is often called having a “green card.” While many people live for years or even decades in the U.S. as permanent residents, others would prefer to be U.S. citizens.
- U.S. citizenship and naturalization: To determine if you are eligible to become a citizen and to ensure your application is handled properly, get help from an experienced immigration lawyer. We can often help resolve any issues preventing you from becoming a U.S. citizen. If there is a solution available, we will help you find it.
- Adjustment of status: Current visa holders may be eligible for adjustment of status that could allow you to stay here while you obtain status as a lawful permanent resident. We work with individuals in family-based and employment-based immigration matters in the adjustment of status process.
- CIMT: Crimes involving moral turpitude can impact your current status or prevent you from becoming eligible for citizenship. We work with individuals to determine whether a crime for which they were convicted is in fact one of moral turpitude, and we fight to protect your immigration status.
Contact an Experienced Ann Arbor Naturalization Lawyer
If you are wondering how to become a U.S. citizen or green card holder, or if you have questions about your current status, we would be happy to answer your questions and evaluate your individual situation. Contact us online or call 734-707-9396to schedule your initial and confidential appointment.