Michigan Immigrant Visa Lawyer
Obtaining the Appropriate Visas
In order to travel to many parts of the world, you must apply for a visa. If you intend to live in the United States permanently, you must apply for an immigrant visa. Traveling for other reasons — work, study, tourism — may also require a visa.
At the law office of Richard W. Pierce, P.C., we have been helping individuals and businesses complete the necessary and appropriate visa work since 1982. We have a good understanding of the process and can make sure all required documentation is gathered, necessary advice given, forms are completed correctly, and the case is properly filed. We know this can be a confusing process, but we take the time to answer the questions our clients have, including:
- Where do I go to get the visa?
- What is the specific process for the U.S. consulate in the country in which I will obtain my visa?
- What documents do I need to make sure I have with me?
- Who can or cannot be at the application interview?
- What questions will be asked at the interview?
- If my visa is denied, what should I do?
- If they say I need more documentation, what should I do?
- How long will the visa be valid?
- What happens if I get an employment-based visa, but I lose my job while I’m abroad?
- What if I apply for a family visa, but my fiancé/fiancée no longer wants to marry me?
Do I Need to Hire a Michigan Immigrant Visa Attorney?
Like many parts of the legal system, you do not need to hire a lawyer to guide you through the process. However, because the process is complex and slow, working with an attorney can help ensure your application moves through the system appropriately.
Contact an Experienced Ann Arbor Immigration Lawyer
Once you have an immigrant visa, you will likely have other questions as well. Many people want to know how quickly they can work and whether they should apply for a Social Security card. If you have questions about an existing immigrant visa, or if you want to apply for one, contact us to schedule your consultation. We can be reached online or by calling 734-707-9396.